top of page
fred perry brentham tennis club.jpeg

History

The Tennis Section of The Brentham Club has been a major part of the Club since it was founded in 1911 under the name 'The Brentham Institute'.  It was established to be the social and sporting heart of the pioneering, arts and crafts Brentham garden suburb. Local boy and tennis legend Fred Perry played here for 16 yrs from 1919, and took his place as Club Champion prior to winning three consecutive championships from 1934-1936. We are honoured to have hosted the Fred Perry Junior tournament since 2019, and play host to some of the best juniors in the UK .

bottom of page